PROMISE HOSPICE VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Qualifications: The hospice volunteer is a mature individual who is willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity and able to work within an interdisciplinary team. The volunteer is supportive of the hospice concept and sensitive to the social, emotional, spiritual and medical complexities of the dying patient. The volunteer is able to relate to people from varying races, cultures, religions and backgrounds without bias or prejudice. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to work in the office, and 18 years of age to be a patient visitor.
Requirements: Successful completion of the Promise Hospice™ Volunteer Training Program, provided at no cost to the volunteer. Volunteers will:
- Be committed to frequent and meaningful interaction with hospice patients and their families.
- Serve as integral members of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team in various settings which include patients’ homes, local care facilities and in our hospice office.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Document their activities as taught in our training program.
- Maintain open communications and report regularly to the director of support services.
Contact Mary Haley at 724-515-5251 for volunteer opportunities.
Download our Volunteer Qualifications and Application. We’d love to have you join our team!